Are you considering buying a home?
Your satisfaction is my Top Priority! My Enthusiastic Approach and Superior Knowledge of the Chilliwack Real Estate Market will not only ensure your purchase be the best for you but, will be enjoyable and Hassle Free as well. Here are some helpful tips and things to consider when planning your home purchase
Set your goals
• Where do you want to live and in what neighbourhood?
• Do you want a new home or a resale?
• How many bedrooms, bathrooms, extra living space, large, small or no yard, close to schools, parks, hospital or shopping?
• Do you want a single home, a condominium or a townhouse?
• What is your price range?
• Do you want a view?
• For a condo are kids/pets allowed or not allowed?
• For a condo are rentals allowed or not allowed?
• What condition are you looking for? Immaculate, average, or "fixer-upper bargain".
• What quality of construction and structural integrity are you looking for? ( be sure to have the property inspected by a qualified inspector)
• Are you looking for ease of maintenance?
• Are you looking for a quiet area or just adequate soundproofing?
• Do you want a private setting, cul-de-sac or corner lot?
• What quality of finishing or appliances?
• Do you want an in-suite laundry, wood/gas/electric fireplace(s), a dishwasher, kitchen island or air conditioning?
• Do you want a home office/den, home theatre, storage space, workshop or hobby related needs?
• Do you have health requirements? (wood floors, wheelchair accessible, building emergency generator)
• Do you want a garden, patio, sundecks, fitness facilities or swimming pool?
• How important is security?
• What kind of parking do you need? Indoor, outdoor, garage, carport and how many spaces?
• For a house do you want a suite included - legal or illegal?
• Title: freehold or strata, leasehold, rental lease or shareholder?
• Do you need vendor financing?
• How big a lot do you want?
Look and listen when touring homes
• Pay attention to details such as square footage, average utility bills, and annual taxes.
• Note any new improvements such as siding, roofing, heating and plumbing.
• Check for water damage in each room. Check basements and crawl spaces for water damage, large cracks and mold.
• Find out what is offered with the home (i.e., window coverings or appliances).
Check list for touring
• What is the visible condition of the interior?
• What are the visible conditions of the neighbours homes?
• Do the neighbours in this area take pride in their yards and homes?
• Does the house require major repairs or replacements?
• Where is the house located in the neighbourhood?
• Take notes of architectural features?
• Take notes of landscaping features?
• How large is the lot?
• How close is shopping and schools?
• What other near by services are available?
• How long has the house been on the market?
• Why does the seller want to sell?
• Is this home in your budget?